You must extend your residence permit in plenty of time if you wish to continue training in Germany. This applies to all citizens of non-EU and non-EEA countries who are undergoing a course of training in Germany.
This permit will allow you
- to participate in language courses that are not intended as preparation for courses of study (intensive German courses),
- to attend school in exceptional cases, or
- to obtain basic and advanced professional training provided the Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit) gives its consent.
the authority for foreign nationals in the district where you normally reside
Depending on where you live, the authority for foreign nationals is the city council (Stadtverwaltung) or rural district office (Landratsamt).
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
The prerequisites for extending your residence permit are:
- You satisfy the passport and visa obligation.
You are deemed to satisfy the passport obligation if you have an alternative form of identification.
- You have sufficient financial resources to finance your stay.
- There is no expulsion interest against you.
- Your stay does not endanger or influence the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- You satisfy the requirements for admission to the corresponding course of training.
- You do not delay your training inappropriately, and
- you do not exceed the average training period.
- Evidence that you satisfy the passport and visa application
- Evidence of sufficient income
- Evidence that there are no grounds for your expulsion
- Evidence that you do not endanger or influence the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Evidence that you satisfy the requirements for admission to the course of training (original)
- Evidence that you
- are not delaying your training inappropriately and
- are not exceeding the average training period.
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Innenministerium released it on 19.05.2020. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.